Thursday, June 24, 2010

Multimedia Platform Note on the Bruce Weyhrauch Case

Anchorage--

Libby Casey of the Alaska Public Radio Network interviewed me for a story on the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling this morning on the honest services fraud statute in the case of U.S. v. Bruce Weyhrauch. I talked about the dilemmas the prosecution now faces in pursuing that case against the former lawmaker, who served in the Alaska House of Representatives as a Republican from Juneau. Libby Casey's story should be aired on public radio stations around the state later today as well as findable at http://www.aprn.org/ on the Internet.


In the interview, I also brought up--as I always try to do when I discuss this case--that Bruce Weyhrauch is the defendant in the cases arising from the federal probe into Alaska public corruption that I know the best personally. I worked with Bruce Weyhrauch when we both served on the staff of the Alaska Legislature in the early 1980s and have socialized with him some since then. I have seen him less since I moved away from Juneau in the early 1990s, and he has never discussed this case with me.

No comments: